Senior Nutrition Program
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County has sponsored the Senior Nutrition Program for more than 37 years, and serves over 400 seniors on a daily basis. The program provides nutritious meals through both home delivery and at Senior Community Café sites to low-income individuals under the age of 60.
The Meals on Wheels program satisfies the nutritional needs of the homebound elderly and disabled by providing a well-balanced meal and a wellness check. A variety of therapeutic menu options are offered to help maintain good health. Deliveries are made every weekday, and clients can also opt into weekend deliveries as well.
Senior Community Cafes
Congregate meals and group activities are offered at eight sites in lower Fairfield County, including:
- Broad River Homes: 108 New Canaan Avenue, Norwalk, CT
- Norwalk Senior Center: 11 Allen Avenue, Norwalk, CT
- The Marvin: 60 Gregory Boulevard, Norwalk, CT (dinner only)
- Jewish Community Center: 1035 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, CT
- St. John's Episcopal Church-The Over 60 Club: 628 Main Street, Stamford, CT
- Stamford Senior Center: 888 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT
- The Westport Center for Senior Activities: 21 Imperial Avenue, Westport, CT